Make the most of your week with our top 17 festivals, events, and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, April 25 to Sunday, May 1, 2022.
It is springtime in Houston, which means this week is jam-packed full of concerts, outdoor festivals, and more.
We’ve whittled it down to our 16 picks for the week, but you can always check out the extended calendar for more happenings in Houston.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, April 25 to Sunday, May 1, 2022.
Top 17 Festivals, Events & Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Bon Jovi in Concert at Toyota Center | Tuesday, April 26 – The Rock & Roll Hall of Famers return to touring after a pandemic hiatus, bringing with it their latest album, 2020, plus other fan faves. $ 19.50 and up. 8pm.
- Houston Texans 2022 Draft Party at Miller Outdoor Theater | Thursday, April 28 | FREE – Miller Outdoor Theater and the Houston Texans host a 2022 NFL Draft Party, with a fan zone, giveaways, food, drinks, player appearances, national broadcast coverage, and a live video call from Head Coach Lovie Smith. 3pm to 9:30 pm.
- David Sedaris at Wortham Theater Center | Thursday, April 28 – Performing Arts Houston welcomes one of America’s esteemed humor writers, a master of satire and deeply observant author, David Sedaris. $ 35 and up. 7:30 p.m.
- Justin Bieber in Concert at Toyota Center | Friday, April 29 – Pop sensation Justin Bieber is joined by Jaden while touring his sixth studio album, just, bringing him through Downtown for a hotly anticipated concert. 7:30 p.m.
- Disney’s Charm Movie Screening at Miller Outdoor Theater | Friday, April 29 | FREE – Catch a live screening of Disney’s 2021 hit movie, Charm (PG), featuring music by Lin-Manuel Miranda — including the national earworm, “We Don’t Talk About Bruno.” 8:15 p.m.
- Grand Opening of Main Event Tomball | Friday, April 29 | No Cover – The newest outpost of the family fun center opens in Tomball and the first 200 visitors through the door will receive free laser tag for the year. Plus, everyone can enjoy a game of bowling, arcade games, virtual reality experiences, billiards and more. No admission fee, though attractions are individually priced. $ 19.99 for all-you-can-play passes. Ribbon cutting at 10am, doors at noon.
- HTX Whiskey Weekend at City Place | Friday, April 29 to Sunday, May 1 | No cover – Neat or on the rocks? Either way, this first annual event brings together some of the best talents in the Texas whiskey and culinary scene with special events throughout the weekend, including tastings, food pairings, live music, and more in Spring. Times vary.
- Mahler’s presents Houston Symphony Resurrection at Jones Hall | Friday, April 29 to Sunday, May 1 – In his final performances as music director for the Houston Symphony, Andrés Orozco-Estrada conducts Mahler’s Resurrection at Jones Hall. $ 29 and up. Showtimes vary.
- 100th Birthday Bash at Houston Zoo | Saturday, April 30 – Celebrate the Zoo’s centennial birthday with guest speakers, family-friendly entertainment, zookeeper chats, and more in an all-day birthday bash. $ 24.95 and up. 9am to 5pm.
- Yoga at Rienzi | Saturday, April 30 – Bring a yoga mat and start your weekend with a morning of yoga in the beautiful gardens at MFAH’s European decorative arts museum, the Rienzi. $ 20. 9am to 9:45 am.
- Puppies for Breakfast at Market Square Park | Saturday, April 30 | FREE – Bring your four-legged family members to the 11th annual festival with over 40 dog-centric vendors, pop-ups, food trucks, dog play areas, and entertainment. 10am to 3pm.
- Neighborhood Community Day at Menil Collection | Saturday, April 30 | FREE – The Menil Collection hosts a free outdoor afternoon of art, music, poetry, and family activities to celebrate the museum’s vibrant neighborhood. Noon to 5pm.
- Sonoma County Wine Fest at Kemah Boardwalk | Saturday, April 30 – Sample up to 72 wines from 24 Sonoma County wineries at a special ticketed event, with live music by the Tracey Perez Band. $ 54.95 in advance; $ 59.95 at the door. 2pm to 5pm.
- Houston Wing Warbird Weekend at CAF Houston Wing Museum & Hangar | Saturday, April 30 & Sunday, May 1 – Get up close with over 25 warplanes from the WWII era and enjoy living history, music, food, and entertainment. $ 20. 10am to 4pm.
- Apollo Chamber Players present American Legends at Hobby Center | Sunday, May 1 – In the American LegendsApollo Chamber Players closes its season with the live world premiere of In the Shadow of the Mountain by Jennifer Higdon, the world’s most performed female living composer. $ 55 and up. 2pm.
- 8th Wonder Comedy Hour at the Secret Group | Sunday, May 1 – Bust a gut to a power hour of the city’s best comedians, hosted by MyKal Dédé and featuring dark and edgy material from Houston’s own Alan Adams, Dusti Rhodes, De De T, Michael Vargas, Will Loden and Ben Daniel. $ 8, includes an 8th Wonder beer; $ 10 includes a take-home glass souvenir. 6pm.
- James Arthur, with Nina Nesbitt in Concert at House of Blues | Sunday, May 1 – English singer-songwriter James Arthur brings his It’ll All Make Sense tour to Downtown Houston, with Scottish singer-songwriter Nina Nesbitt opening. $ 29.50 and up. 7pm.
Many More Things to Do in Houston
- Top Concerts & Live Shows This Week – Check out our top picks for local and touring musicians, stars, and personalities hitting the stage in H-Town this week.
- Top Games & Sports Events This Week – Scope out professional and select college sports games, touring athletic competitions, local fitness and participatory events, and more.
- Top Things to Do For Kids & Families This Week – Zero in on the best option for families and the junior set around Greater Houston.
- Current Temporary Museum Exhibits & Art Installations in Greater Houston – Explore the newest installations and exhibits on short term display at museums and locations around Houston, with a focus on art, history, and science.
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more live entertainment, events, pop-ups, markets, and other options around Houston.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.