St. Louis claimed its first girls golf regional title Thursday, claiming the Division 4 title at Mount Pleasant Country Club and earning a trip to the Division 4 state meet.
St. Louis finished with 413 strokes to beat out second-place Shepherd with 421. Chippewa Hills earned the third and final spot for the state meet with a 425.
Madison Allen, a sophomore from Chippewa Hills, earned medalist honors with an 84. Natalee Hoyt paced St. Louis with a third-place 95, followed by Emma Worthy, who finished seventh with a 101. Josie Schrot added a 103, with Danielle Thelen finishing with a 114.
Shepherd was led by senior Grace Bohanon, who finished sixth with a 100.
The Division 4 meet is Oct. 14-15 at The Meadows course at Grand Valley State University.
- After dropping the first game to Michigan Lutheran Seminary, Millington rallied for a 3-1 TVC 10 victory, 21-25, 25-18, 25-13, 25-18. J’Lynn Aguirre led Millington with 15 digs, 12 kills and six aces, with Claire Murray adding 18 assists, six kills and five aces. Kendal Payne had 17 digs and 13 kills, with Kayla Riley getting 17 assists and 13 digs. Chloe Basner led Millington with seven aces.
- Midland High earned a 3-1 win over Flint Carman-Ainsworth, 25-16, 22-25, 25-13, 25-19. Jenna Rekeweg led the Chemics with 15 assists, eight kills, nine digs and four aces, while Olivia McMath added 14 assists, 10 digs and four kills. Grace Schloop led the defense with 22 digs. Aly Herbert finished with nine aces.
- Midland Dow fell to 7-2 in the Saginaw Valley League in a 3-0 loss to Grand Blanc, 16-25, 20-25, 19-25. Taryn Williams led the Chargers with 16 digs and eight kills, with Alex Price adding 16 assists and five kills. Luci Fabiano had 26 digs and Delaney Belding 16 for Dow.
- Bullock Creek finished the regular season with a 12-3-1 record after tying Ogemaw Heights, 1-1. Ogemaw Heights led 1-0 at halftime before Bullock Creek answered on a goal by Logan Korson off an assist from Jason Nelson. Tyler Frankland had seven saves in goal for the Lancers, who head into the district tournament at Freeland.
- Ithaca and Standish-Sterling fought to a 2-2 tie in a TVC 10 matchup. Amarius Alago scored both goals for the Yellowjackets, with Brady Paradise getting an assist. Keegan Henderson made 12 saves in goal.
- Midland High and Davison finished in a 2-2 tie in the annual SVL soccer showdown. Davison led 2-0 before Midland rallied in the second half. Josh Thurlow got the Chemics on the board, with John Jenkins getting the tying goal for Midland, which owns a 6-2-2 record in the league, 11-4-2 overall.
Boys Cross Country
- Millington’s Tyler Rude set a personal record of 19:38 to lead the Cardinals in the Birch Run Fall Invitational. Birch Run finished 18th as a team.
If you would like your local high school sports news delivered free to your inbox daily, click here and sign up for one of our local high school sports newsletters.
Love reading about local sports? Don’t miss any of the excitement from the season ahead. Purchase your subscription now and get full access to every story on MLive!
See Saginaw-area top fall sports athletes, with Athlete of Week poll
Essexville Garber cheers for Frankenmuth, after topping Eagles